Thread: Dream Job
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2021, 10:39 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
I love nature and wildlife photography. When I was younger I wanted to be a National Geographic photographer. Travel the world. See exotic places and animals and take amazing photos. I took two photography classes in college and learned a lot. Mainly that it was much much harder than it looks (this was back in the day of developing your own negatives and making test prints in a darkroom). As I began taking more and more pictures I learned too that capturing that great shot that you see in magazines also takes a lot more time than you'd think. So while I would still love to travel the world and take cool photos, I'm happy having a zillion pictures of my kids and taking tons of photos on vacation. Beyond travel/nature photographer, I don't really know what my dream job would be and that was one of the biggest challenges I faced when I went to college.
That would be one cool job, but yeah you would go through a lot of film getting that one awesome shot. Your kids are lucky you have skill with a camera because they will have a lifetime of good shots to cherish.

The thought of traveling the world excites me and terrifies me at the same time. I have a terrible sense of direction, so travel outside of my element is a challenge and really stresses me. The travel apps have made it better, but if the phone battery were to die, I might literally find myself up a creek without a paddle.