View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 10:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nun69 View Post
we are cat people here they are awesome pets.....try to adopt one from your local shelter because they will come already spayed/neutered and up to date on all their shots. Try to have your son be RESPONSIBLE for feeding/water and kitty litter scooping duties.....(another advantage to adopting from a shelter is they are already potty trained).....I highly recommend to NOT declaw them, just buy a scratching type post because if they get outside (even if they are total indoor cats) they can't defend themselves without their front claws...

they are actually very good pets and they don't normally demand as much attention as a dog does and trust me I have had cats my whole life (we currently have 4) and we have had a dog ( got him at 6 weeks old) and he is now 18 months old and way more demanding than the 4 cats put together!!!!
^^^^ Ditto all of this. We have 2 cats that we got when Cheyanne was 5 years old. They are the best companions. She loves dogs and wanted to get another when our shepherd passed back then but I just wasn't up for taking care of another dog. We go away for days at a time and just leave extra food and water and an extra litter pan and the cats are fine. They are hairy (like dogs) and even my 2 long haired cats don't shed nearly as much as my 1 dog did. I grew up with both cats and dogs but as I get older I am much more of a cat person because I don't want the upkeep of a dog.