View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 01:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I asked my hubby what he can't stand about our cats and here's his response: cost $, make messes, ruin everything, get in the way, annoying.

I'm not quite sure when his attitude changed - he's the one who actually got our first cat for me as a surprise! We have 2 and they are both long hair. For any future cats - we will definitely stay away from long hair. They are more likely to get hair balls and shed. I love how low maintenance they are - and how our older cat is so patient with my 18 month old. She will let him pet her and pull on her tail. It's so sweet watching them interact

If you do get a cat that isn't declawed - make sure you have scratching posts in a variety of spots around your house. We only have a scratching post in our basement (which is finished) but our youngest kitty has been scratching on our furniture upstairs. If you have furniture that you don't want them to even touch - you can buy adhesive that sticky on both sides so their paws get stuck when trying to scratch on that furniture.

I love having kitties - couldn't imagine not having them!