View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
I wish I could get a cat. I'm very very allergic. Ben is allergic too, we have to be careful visiting friends houses who have cats. I am a cat person at heart, I think they're beautiful and affectionate. I think dogs are wonderful, too, but I can't see myself getting one while the kids are young... They're so high maintenance.
DS2 is so allergic that he can't go inside my brother's house because they have 3 cats. And they just don't seem to get it that we really aren't crazy about going to their house because of that. I go anyway, but I start sneezing in about 10 minutes.

But if we weren't allergic, I would definitely choose a cat over a dog. We did wait until the boys were all older to get a dog, but that just means they all have their own lives, and while they love the dog, they don't spend as much time with him as I would like. Makes me think we should have gotten one when they were younger when their lives could have revolved more around him. It would also have been a good way to teach them responsibility.

Mari - I'm anxiously waiting to see cat pics!