View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 09:38 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
oh, Julie - that letter is classic!!

Geez, we homeschool.. - yet, this stuff annoys my hubby when talking to the "boys" at work... I hear all about the odd ball stuff - or really expensive item like calculators and a certain type of gym shoe - that they are on the hunt for their kids that year. What really puzzles hubby is that most of it is "community" use... like the 4 boxes of the big box of kleenex, the gallon of hand sanitizer and 6 containers of clorox wipes that each kid has to bring... so if you have a class of 28 kids, where does the teacher store all that? And then, come January, they are required to send the same amount again...
I'm curious what you think... This year I hardly even had to replenish supplies for our homeschool. We used up or misplaced maybe 10 pencils total? And pretty much the only thing I had to buy (other than new curriculum) was construction paper, writing paper, dry erase markers and glue sticks. But I can't understand classrooms where the teacher is asking each student to bring 4 dry erase markers. I write on our board every day and only used up 3 markers last school year.