View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 10:57 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
I'm curious what you think... This year I hardly even had to replenish supplies for our homeschool. We used up or misplaced maybe 10 pencils total? And pretty much the only thing I had to buy (other than new curriculum) was construction paper, writing paper, dry erase markers and glue sticks. But I can't understand classrooms where the teacher is asking each student to bring 4 dry erase markers. I write on our board every day and only used up 3 markers last school year.
Yeah, here too... I really only got was a few more boxes of crayons and markers (for use in traveling), and another package of more dry erase markers, which like you, they get used daily... and Jake is really bad at remembering to put the cap all the way back on. I was a bit sad this year... buying new school supplies was my most favorite thing about this time of year... and I didn't have to get much... did get a few organizing things to separate books. Even have a ton of left over in our art supplies - need to kick that up a bit this year...

From what I read on facebook from our area teachers (one of the news stations creating a bit of storm asking about what people thought having to buy school supplies and teachers being "picky" about brands and colors of things... teachers were not happy)... that many kids press really hard on the tips and drives the tips into the marker and it can't be used.... and that is why they need so many markers. Same with the glue sticks... kids don't put the caps on all the way.