View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

The high school teachers have been awesome this year. Mostly just 1 subject notebooks and binders (interactive notebooks are the hot thing this year). Now in Middle School the teachers were very specific. One even photocopied what the label on the notebook had to look like because she wanted specific ones. LOL! I almost cried when I got to Target and I could find one - only to have to dig through the go back carts to find that one (and not in the color my daughter wanted.)

Things I have learned this year - college ruled notebooks allow to glue in a whole sheet of 8.5" x 11" paper. So even if your kid can't write on college ruled to save her life too bad, she'll have to figure it out because the teachers were very clear that whole sheets of paper HAD to fit in the notebooks. Also, buy pencils, erasers, colored pencils, markers and highlighters before hand. You can use the list they sent you with room assignments, but you'll end up taking it all back. Just wait for open house and then run to Target to get what you need. Oh, and for high schoolers order index cards in bulk because she's used 100 this weekend on first week of Spanish homework. If it's like this every week we're going to be swimming in index cards. LOL!

I love the smart schools where the PTA has the supplies all ready for the kids and you pay one amount. What a great way to support the school and to keep your sanity!

Oh and don't even get me started on supplies they need at home for homework. Packing tape and hot glue guns? Seriously?