View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 08:45 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I would say most of the people I encounter on a regular basis know that I love pictures and scrapbook/do something on the computer with them. I post most of my pages in albums on Facebook, so anyone on my Friends list can peruse them at their leisure, and there are a handful of ladies who do so regularly and leave me comments here and there.

My mom makes very plain and simple paper scrapbooks of my nephew, so she understands and appreciates the scrapping concept, but knows next to nothing about computers and has no idea what it takes to make the pages I make or has any interest in learning how or understanding more about digital scrapping specifically.

Jeff is similarly computer-challenged and doesn't understand how anyone could sit still for so long/be on the computer for so long as a hobby *lol*, but enjoys having his life chronicled and really digs the layouts once they've been printed into a book. I usually get a passing 'That's nice' if I'm just showing him a page on my lappy, but he's really good abt making and being a part of photo opportunities. He went on his son's field trip last Friday and took my camera along, at my request, and got SO MANY pictures while they were there. He took at least one shot at every different activity they participated in and even took some landscape pictures of the farm and pumpkin patch. I was so impressed and happy.

My BFF is not particularly creative or crafty, so she doesn't understand, either, but she's always up for a silly picture and usually comments on my pages on Facebook if they are of something we did together or a nice picture of Jeff and me. She is still really young, though, just married and a couple years away from babies, so I may change her mind yet once she has a cute lil' baby to scrap.