View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 09:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes! I've been mulling it over since Ali mentioned it on her blog. I haven't done anything to prepare, though, as all my stash is on my EHD which won't be fixed until November.

I discovered last year (after failing at completing it twice before) that trying to put pages together beforehand does not work for me. I do choose a set of templates, some staple elements/alphas, and have all my favorite Christmas kits in one big DD folder, but I am too OCD to put pages together ahead of time and then 'force' my photos to fit. Having the same kraft background on every page made them all work together even though every page was a different kit.

Oh, and I jot down a rough schedule ahead of time for things that I already know we're going to be doing and then have a 'generic'/any time list e.g. stockings, Christmas card, etc. that I can put in the blank spots. My book goes from the day after Thanksgiving (when we decorate the Christmas tree) until the last Christmas celebration we have with our families. We always have one of the family celebrations post-Christmas since we have to work with my stepson's and nephew's visitation schedules. Last year, I stopped on December 26th, but this year it will be December 29th or December 30th.

ETA: I just checked the calendar, and there's a whole 'nother week in November after Thanksgiving this year, so I think mine will start on December 1st this year so that I don't have to have 30+ pages (and think of that many Christmas-centric themes) in my album! LOL!

My pages are very simple -- 1 to 2 photos & very journal-centric -- and focus on something Christmaselated every day (even though I know that you don't 'have' to). I also can't let myself get more than 2 days behind or I get overwhelmed and want to quit.

Last edited by LeeAndra; 10-07-2012 at 11:46 AM.