Thread: Neighbors?
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2022, 12:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
We love, love our neighborhood. We live in a small gated community and our street in the best one. Directly next door is a couple with kids but they are super busy and we rarely see them but they keep an eye on things if we need help or out of town. On the other side is an older couple that also help keep an eye on things. Two houses up we have a newish family (moved in 2 years ago). They have a little boy in 1st grade. Across the street is a house with an 8th grade girl and 3 grade boy. We have another house at the bottom of the hill that has a boy and a girl, then across from them is a family with 4 kids. In between we have older couples that are super nice, we even ran into one of them while in Denver airport. They were flying back to Texas, we were going to VA. Our neighborhood has a swim team which has promoted friendships and getting to know each other. When the weather is cooler we will have 9 or more kids running the street. We live in a double cul-de-sacthe main street curves up to our cul-de-sac. The kids LOVE playing out there. We have some families from neighboring streets come over...it is one big block party. We have made friends with families all through the neighborhood and will exchange clothes as kids grow out of them, share desserts or just hang out and have some drinks. Yesterday we got a text for cake so the kids took off to celebrate a birthday...The ladies on the street have a group text going if we need anything...The boys got jealous and one of them started a guys chat too. LOL
Halloween is usually a group of 15 or more going door to door. It is awesome to live in a neighborhood where you know most of the people and can ask for help if needed.

This layout is one of the tribes of mamas that rallied around a family that was going through breast cancer. She and her family decided to move closer to family so we had a see ya later party.

This was neighbors directly beside us. He would pay the kids a quarter if they would find beetles to feed the hedgehog. He would bring it out and tell them all about hedgehogs. It was a fun learning experience. This year they paid my youngest(with my supervision) to feed their cats while they were away on vacation

The kids got creative during C0V1D and found ways to play with each other. They were together so much they started to bicker like siblings. LOL

I am sorry yours has given you trouble. Hopefully they are on the way out and you get some nice quiet neighbors.
I see people on the neighborhood chats getting angry over things like the ice cream truck parks in front of their house and people are all over their yard. Ummm...go out and enjoy the company. Get to know the people around you and make friends. We esp after C0v1d have become a hermit society. My kids were dragging the new kid (who was 4 at the time) out into the streets on day one and this was the peak covid. It helps the parents are pretty chill! Our rules were at first were stay arms length away and don't share toys...after a couple of months it became...yes go outside and play! LOL
I LOVE all the fun neighborhood memories you have scrapped! That's so great that you all have so much fun together! Our neighborhood is a huge age gap all over. Single people, no kids, grown kids, little kids. My girls had a couple friends a few streets over, and one they hung out with in High School some. I'm thankful for that!