View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 11:00 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

1. Do you print your DS pages? Yes.

2. How often do you print? Usually once a year, sometimes twice if I have a large number of layouts uploaded to Persnickety.

3. Where do you print, and what size? I print 12x12 from Persnickety for me. They go in CM albums in top loading protectors. Since a lot of the layouts are for a cousin's family (they willingly share their photos), I print those in Shutterfly 10x10 books along with the 12x12 for me. Gave the first one to them in July, almost have book 2 done for the unlimited pages.

4, Anything else you want to share? (Tips/tricks for the site you use, etc) I upload my layouts to Persnickety about once a month into albums titled by year. If I print that album, I change the title to include printed then start album "b" for the year. When I first started I had trouble figuring out which albums I had printed since I just had albums with generic titles. A couple special projects are in albums on the site specifically for them. Such as my COVID project since I'm still doing monthly pages for it. I also buy 12x12 print credits when they are on sale to get the cheaper price. Have 127 prints coming on Monday which completes my 2021 layouts (printed in June as well).

The reason I print 12x12 is that I started as a traditional scrapper using CM albums/pages which are 12x12. So by printing 12x12 and using CM albums, I have both types of scrapbooks on my bookcase. An added benefit was that you can put digital pages and traditional pages in the same album if you want. I pulled traditional layouts and digital layouts about my dad to put in an album for the funeral visitation.

Had I not been a traditional scrapper, I would probably print 10x10 books from Shutterfly. Perfect size for bookshelves. I find 8x8 to be too small for my aging eyes.