View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 10:59 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post
Oh, Jo, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I was hospitalized with COVID Pneumonia on 1/1/2021 and spent 5 days in the Critical Care Unit. Came home on oxygen, and they told me the long-term symptoms like the weird heart rhythm and the overwhelming exhaustion and the hair loss would fade over the next 6 months. I'm still waiting on the first two to go away, but one of my silver linings is after losing 2/3 of my hair, it's finally beginning to grow back.

A bigger silver lining is that we met my insurance out-of-pocket maximum back on January 5th, so absolutely everything has been covered at 100% since then. I'm starting to make a list of all those things they're willing to do for me at 44: mammogram, colonoscopy, hearing test... wondering if I could get a boob lift and a nose job done while they're at it. <snicker> Not really. I've had enough of hospitals to last me at least a decade.
oh Angie, so sorry to hear this but so glad you got better. hopefully the side effects will go away soon. and so glad your hair is growing back.
and yes, take advantage of all the things you can get done on their dime
stay safe xx