View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 10:25 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

It's been over 20 years since I had mine taken out. I had several attacks but didn't know it over a period of 4 or 5 months. They just felt like heartburn so I wasn't concerned since they always happened in the evening after eating. The last one had me up all night so I went straight to the doctor's office without an appointment the next morning. She gave me a concoction to drink which eased the pain and ordered some tests. Those were done over a period of 4 days. When the results came in, I was referred to the surgeon. I didn't get in to see him for 3 weeks and it was a month later before I had the laparoscopic surgery. The surgeon nicked an artery so I was kept overnight to make sure there was no internal bleeding (there wasn't).

I did not have any attacks after the last one that sent me to the doctor. I also have no problems with eating but then I don't eat really spicy foods to begin with. I didn't have stones, just sludge in the bottom of the gallbladder.

If you can remember what you ate before you had the attacks, try to avoid those foods and see if that helps put off the surgery for awhile.