View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 12:49 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
You are really making me want to do a DNA test. I am certain I have half siblings out there somewhere. In the last two years I've found uncles and aunts that I never knew about and my husband was contacted by a daughter he never knew about. Our family has expanded and I love it. I'm terrified to dive deeper into my father's side though.
That's really exciting! I think most people that take the tests are open to finding something they weren't expecting. Everyone I've reached out to has been pretty receptive and I'm always receptive when people reach out to me.

I've talked to a lot of people who have no interest or are worried something will upset them, so they decide it's not for them (totally reasonable). My colleague recently found out her parents used a sperm donor to conceive her (they did half and half). She's now met her biological father (he's an orthodontist that lives about a mile from her), the kids he had with his wife (now divorced) and a few other half siblings that were also the product of his sperm donations. Her two older siblings always joked she was adopted because she didn't look much like them, now they all know why.