View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 06:49 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I so needed to read that today... It is so true, and I think all of us as Mums need to give ourselves a pat on the back for what we DO accomplish...

A funny little thing from the other day that this article reminded me of... I got it in my head to make a sock monkey each for the kids (so far only one is made LOL). So, I made this monkey for Josh (he's 4) - seriously the strangest looking creature that I've ever seen and I felt so discouraged because it didn't look like the ones on pinterest... And when I finished, I showed him to Josh and said "he's a bit funny looking isn't he?". And he said the sweetest thing: "it doesn't matter, Mum. I still love him". And when I asked him why he loved him, he told me it was because I made him. As imperfect as that sock monkey is with his lopsided ears and eyes that are too close together and appendages that look like they've been sewn on by a two year old LOL, Josh has not let him out of his sight for a week, and he has NEVER been attached to a toy. EVER.

So, I can totally relate to that article - it is completely true that they want YOU and the things you do are special because you do it for THEM and they know it.