View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 04:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
I have this rule for myself that whenever I will scrap a page for my ct, I always choose the “safe photos.” But for my project life, the one that I will print with all the details and stories, I add some photos so that one day when we look at it, we will remember the people that have been with us, good or bad. But even so, I always try to blur the faces of some of the people on my pages for privacy reason.
That's a good point, Cherry - using "safe photos" for CT pages. Right now, all I scrap are CT pages. Once I get back to scrapping everything, those people will probably be on the page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
Interesting question! So far none of my kids has started dating, all of our close family members are still married to their first spouse, and the friends who have left our lives just drifted out rather than parting badly. My one long-term boyfriend before DH was a close friend for years before and after our relationship, so I wouldn't have edited him out but would have been selective about which photos I used.

The one time I've really struggled with whether to include someone was when I made my mother a 75th birthday photobook. My father's sister was part of our lives (though a somewhat distant part) until about 15 years ago. When my grandparents went into assisted living and then a nursing home, my aunt was put in charge of their finances. Long story short, she stole a lot of money from them and refused to pay their bills. Of course my father has absolutely no relationship with her anymore. But in the photobook I was scrapping pictures from my parents' wedding in 1970. The pictures with my grandparents all had my aunt in them. If I'd had the option to just use one without her I would have, but she was standing in places where it would have been very obvious if I edited her out. In the end I kept her in and used the pictures, but I still feel a little weird about it. Then again, I'd still feel a little weird about it if I'd edited her out. If I had a more recent picture with her in it I'd have edited her out without a second thought.
Wow, Rachel! I would love to have such stability!

I agree with you on how you handled your mom's photobook, and what you would do with current photos. Do you think at some point you would scrap what happened with your aunt so that future generations know why she's not on any more recent pages? Or just let it go without explanation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jema View Post
I've had this situation. My youngest daughter had two serious relationships; one ended badly and one she is still friends with. The "undesirable" all of the family would love that paper bag sticker. The "nice one" we will happily keep in the pictures. In fact, he is on the cover of the album I just completed. She jokingly said, "Really, my ex is on the cover?" Sure, it was a fun night and a great photo of all of us. I honestly, didn't put the ex-part of him in my thought process because he is still part of her life.

I think I will go with "They were part of our lives at one time" and look for the paper bag stickers. Maybe emojis would be good too.
Good point, Jema. There are some boyfriends I don't even have photos of, thankfully, and some I don't mind. Haha! That you put him on the cover is really funny!!

Emojis would be a good cover, too! Hmm... I might have to explore that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
If your main issue (at least this time!) is social media, then another option is just to swap the photos on your personal copy. There have been many times when I scrapped a layout with a photo that I couldn't post for one reason or another, so I just used a different photo in that space for my gallery/social media layout.
Epiphany moment, Rachel!! I don't know why I never thought of doing that!