View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 04:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am very much a "telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth" scrapper so no, I don't leave out the bad bits or the ex-people. The nice thing about only being a little "behind" in my scrapping is that most or all of the photos have already been scrapped before the person's cut out of the family!

A family member went through a rough divorce a couple years ago. Since their child is nearly grown, I don't ever see their ex or have pictures of them since the split. I do have a handful of photos pre-split but they're nothing special or that has to be told. I did scrap the last birthday party/photos while they were together because they were the family's member birthday and would have looked strange left out of my album. The ex was in every single photo I took.

I agree with the others who mention not sharing "controversial" layouts/photos on social media + including people based on their longevity & importance. An ex-spouse & especially one with whom the family member had children? I wouldn't leave them out. A childhood boyfriend/girlfriend who was only around a few months? I wouldn't need to include them.

Even my ex from many moons ago, who was abusive, was scrapped. I am waiting to print that album but I will print it and I will have it on my shelves with all of my other albums. It's part of my history. All the pages I made of his children (the bulk of my scrapping those four years) will be printed off and sent in albums to his (now adult) children for their memory-keeping.