View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 10:22 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I do what most people have suggested - I don't take them out, they are part of the story for that period in time. That doesn't mean that I put them front and center necessarily either. I choose photos without them if I can or if they are in the photo they stay, and I partially crop them out or cover them up if there is some reason to not want them in the photo. One of my older daughter's exes was around for all 4 years of high school even though they broke up early in their junior year. He is still friends with the twins and they have seen him in person when they have gone back to CO for visits. Other exes I just don't scrap about, but I have kept the photos and if at some point down the road there is some reason to the photos are tucked away on the hard drive. My youngest had her first boyfriend this last year, and it didn't end that well (sigh, too early to have to deal with that but the heart goes where it wants sometimes). His family moved across the country this summer and before he left my daughter requested that I take some photos/portraits of them together. They broke up within a month and half of his family moving. I have the photos, but probably won't be scrapping them any time soon. They were in marching band in the same section last year so when I scrapbook pics of Sarah there is a good chance he will be in them. I won't take him out of those because they are being 'professional' in those and there is no indication of there being a personal relationship unless you know otherwise.