Thread: OLW 2019
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2018, 08:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I read this post earlier in the month but didn't reply. I've been thinking about what my word might be for this year... and struggling to narrow down the perfect word.

2019 will be my 10th year of choosing a word. I really think that doing so has helped me focus on areas of my life throughout each year. I don't put a word away when the year is over, rather I add a new word to the old words. I keep the new word at the forefront of my mind but the old words become part of who I am.

Here are the words I've used in the past....

2010 - Change
2011 - Simplify
2012 - Achieve
2013 - Intention
2014 - Balance
2015 - Nurture
2016 - Adventure
2017 - Shine
2018 - Today

Now I need a word for 2019! This past year I have tried to live in the present and think about today. In thinking about today, I also started looking to the future. I went back to college and made other changes in my life as well. There are still things left undone that bother me, and those are things I'd like to work on in 2019. I'm wondering if the word 'Focus' would help me zoom in on these things and keep them on my radar? I'm still thinking....

For the original poster - in 2015 when I chose the word nurture I nearly chose heal. I decided that I wanted to dig deeper than healing and I wanted to nurture my relationships, my home, my body, etc. That was a good year for me. It led me to our year of adventure where we bought a farm.