View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 07:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap-therapy View Post
Thank you Cindi for sharing your story. That's exactly that, they don't give us label jst to know what would really help him and take a direction. I really think of homeschooling and was nearly ready but In France it's not easy and he doesn't "work" with me, he doesn't like to show me what he did at school and never want to learn with me if it's not by playing. So I don't know if it would really help him. Thank you so much for your support!
How is your youngest now? I'm super curious because when I see my son always behind, I'm scare for him.:/
Hugs to you too!
We are lucky that homeschooling is so much more common today here. He has lots of homeschooled friends and takes classes with them for the subjects that I can't /don't want to teach.

That son is about to graduate high school. His reading caught up, though spelling is still difficult for him with dyslexia. He will need to have someone proofread his writing for spelling.
His handwriting is terrible, but he can type just fine. Math is REALLY tough for him since he can't memorize math facts. But he is creative and loves to invent things. He is going to an art and design college and majoring in industrial design - he even got a scholarship! So he found something he's really good at that won't use that math. They all have different gifts and you'll find your son's. Hugs!

My favorite quote and the theme of our homeschool: "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein