Thread: Laugh or cry!
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 04:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Laugh or cry!

About a week ago my sister got a call that my Dad's blood pressure dropped and he was on the way to the ER via ambulance. She's in Jamaica and he's in PA! I called my nephew (who my Dad lives with and he knew nothing). Long story short, it was a case of mistaken identity and my Dad was fine. When my nephew called him my Dad was sitting at the airport with his buddies eating a donut! LOL But for a few minutes 5 of us were in a panic until we sorted it out. I never thought to call my Dad. When you're told someone is in am ambulance you don't think to call them!!

Once we all calmed down we had to laugh. My sister asked my father to call her every day at 11 am (to make sure he's alive!). I went out to visit my Dad last weekend and we sent my sister a picture of him as "proof of life." She texted back that we needed to send a picture with something showing today's date! We had a lot of laughs about it! My Dad said that he wished he knew what was going on when my nephew called - he would have answered with a strained voice, acting like he was dying. Not funny Dad! So we're taking the gotta laugh approach to it. Very thankful here, and I'm sure we'll chuckle about this for a long time!