View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 12:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
We're cancelling a trip to Chicago. Luckily it's something we can easily reschedule, so it's not that big a deal. At first we were thinking we'd just stay home(literally, home and no place else!) for Spring Break and do Chicago this summer, but I'm wondering if that's going to be enough time for travel to be safe again. We'll have an airline credit that needs to be used before January, so we'll probably plan something for November or over Winter Break. I don't know that we'll do Chicago at that time of year, so maybe someplace warm instead.

I think you might be in our county. If so, I don't know how long you were thinking of going for, but we usually have a 4-day weekend in November that's a pretty popular time to go to Disney because it's not a big vacation week nationally. I haven't checked the 2020-21 calendar yet to see if it's scheduled again next year, but it's usually the weekend before Election day through that Tuesday. Don't leave early because the Friday before is generally the end of the marking period and there are tests and assignments due, but the kids don't usually miss much if you take a day or two off after Election Day since it's the very beginning of the 2nd quarter. My kids' middle and high schools operate on an every other day schedule (ie, half their classes one day and half the next), so we can take the next 2 days off and only miss each class once. Not sure if that will be the case for your DD's school, but maybe. Also, I learned when we went to Disney that weekend in 2018 that if you fill out the forms for an excused absence most teachers/schools will approve it even for a family vacation. Once they've approved it, they're required to let your child make up anything they miss. I hope you're able to go sooner and don't need any of this info!
Sorry I just saw this! Brain's a little preoccupied lately! Lol... We were going for 10 days (6 park days, 4 rest/non park days) so we've decided to just reschedule for next summer and in the meantime start saving for some extras to make that trip even better like the Keys to the Kingdom tour and maybe an extra day or two to combat the crowds of other people who probably had the same thought?! Lol... I feel like trying to squeeze it in somewhere else is just going to add further disappointment so we'd rather wait and have it the way we want it, just later than we expected. The initial sadness has worn off and the girls are "okay" now. We've come to the point where getting a Lunchable delivered from Amazon Fresh is "so awesome"! LOL! I'll take all the wins I can get right now!