View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 08:11 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I grew up CODA (child of a deaf adult)... my mom had ultra powerful hearing aids from when I was 2 years old - deaf in one year and if she took the aid out of her other, deaf... up until a few years ago when she lost the rest of her hearing and then had cochlear implants. I was my mom's ears, for the most part... so I've always been pretty tuned into sounds and they usually don't bother me too much.

However, right now since May, they are doing road work on the road that butts up to our back yard... so from 6:30am to 6pm or so, it's constant road construction noise. They should be done by August.

Otherwise, I live in the residential area. We have a major highway not that far away that I hear road noise, but that blends in the background since have been here for 15 years. We have a lot of birds. The only noise that can drive me insane is that across the street (the one they are working on) is a church, set waaaaay back. They are known locally as the "rock concert" church - and I can hear their thumping bass anytime there is a service, youth event concert, or band practice. My windows can be closed and I can feel the vibrations in the floors. They refuse to be good neighbors and turn it down... multiple neighbors have called the cops more than once, but they some how know and not play when the cop is there. *sigh*