View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 03:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I tend to work on one photobook at a time. Most of the time that means I'm working on a particular 6-month period, but sometimes I might be focused on a vacation book for a few months. My current project is July to December 2018.

I choose photos, then a template, then a kit. If it's a CT layout the kit comes first but everything else stays the same. Once I've picked my supplies I place my photos and then my papers. Next I do my journaling. After that I usually add paint. Next I place the elements. I don't really have an order that I add elements in--I guess I start with the biggest or most prominent and work down to minor accents. Finally I do my titlework and then shadow.
Oh wow, Rachel, so you are truly a chronological scrapper?
Interesting that you add journaling before decorating the layout with elements, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I find it so much easier if I start with a creative team product, whether that’s a kit or a template. But if I am just starting with photos or an idea, and I have to find a kit and a template to match, it adds an extra layer of stress for me.

but once I get all the things I need ready, I put my photos in first and then my papers. Papers really make me happy. Then I embellish and add journaling. Title last because it's my least favorite.
I'm right there with you, Kellie! I find it stressful to have to start without at least one static choice.
I also agree on a title... I love when kits have word art that can be used as a title!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
I chose photos first, then template, then kit (if CT work, it's kit, photos, template).
Once the photos are in, I add papers, flowers, greenery, themed elements, string, paint, scatter, Alpha/word art, journaling and date. Sometimes things get a little out of order...I'll pick a straight ribbon first to make sure it goes with the background paper. Or I'll pick the alpha first to make sure it goes with the background paper. Journaling is almost always last, flowers are always before any other elements.
So you place flowers before foliage, Dawn? That's interesting. I find the foliage to be almost a backdrop for the flowers.