View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 04:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post

First, I open said kit, look at the papers and then look through the elements several times to get a better idea for the layout that I'm wanting to scrap.

After looking through the kit, I decide if I need a template. If I do, I open my templates folder and just randomly click one without overthinking it (Scary, right?!)

If a template is used, I adjust the shadows on the papers and merge all the elements together to use a base. Papers get placed until they look right and look like they all belong on the layout.

Then I open up a secondary 12x12 canvas where I go through and pull out all of the elements that I might want to use on my layout. After they are opened, I just start dragging them, and multiple times if I like that element, on to the blank canvas, placing them where they might go. After everything is move over on to that blank canvas, I drag over the merged template elements (if I remember) and scrap the element portion of the layout on the blank canvas. When they all look nice, I drag over the elements to the layout/papers and place them where I think they belong on the finished page.

Then I look through my photos and figure out which photo(s) I want to use on this layout!! I edit my photo(s) and place them.

To finish up the touches, I add the date/location and journaling -- but it's all removed for the web. Lastly, I play and tweak my shadows, trying to make them realistic looking.

ROFL! Wendy, your gifs always have me laughing!!
Okay, so first off, I'm amazed (and scared) that you just randomly grab a template! If I don't have a CT template, I agonize over it!!
How interesting that you create your clusters on a blank canvas! What is the reasoning behind that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
Wendy you have such an original way of doing things! I would have never known that you place your photos after or that you put your elements on a blank canvas.

I scrap for CTs or challenges only. Otherwise I have no inspiration.

I start with the kit and look for photos to go with it. I usually go from bottom layer to top layer. One by one. Sometimes I start with the ribbons and bows to see what might look good with that combo.

If it's a template I still look for photos and I'll find a kit that matches the colors of my photos.
I totally understand only scrapping for CTs and challenges, Lea! Sometimes it's overwhelming otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
I always start with photos, even if it's a CT page. I will try to find photos that match the kit, and I always place those first, even if I'm not using a template. Then I usually do the clusters. I have the hardest time picking papers, so I save that until the clusters are done. Title and journaling come next, but sometimes I do those right after photos, if I'm feeling inspired. Usually I do paint and scatters last. I shadow as I go along. I kind of love Wendy's method of opening a blank canvas and putting her elements there to use. I resize and rotate a lot though, so not sure how helpful that would be for my particular process. Isn't it interesting how differently we all approach this hobby? I love it!
Ally, it's so interesting that you do your papers after photos & elements!!

I think it's fascinating how each of us approach scrapping in our own way, and find what works for us!