View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 03:56 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

If I am on a CT of a kit designer, I start off with the kit, then look for photos. (I did not start using templates until very recently when I guested for a template designer for 4 months, so my thought process before then rarely included looking for a template. Interestingly enough, when I finished my stint, I freaked out a bit because I almost forgot how to do a LO without a template. LOL) When I was a guest CT for that template designer, I started off with the template, then looked for photos, and then looked for a kit (I tend to be a one-kit scrapper).

I almost always put the photo(s) first. Then I choose the first background paper -- I say first, because I'm always switching it out. If I'm not working with a template, I think of other papers I might want to use and then play around with placement and size of those papers, always being mindful of where I may want to put my journaling; I usually have in mind what I want to say. Then I choose a few elements. I'm NOT good making clusters, so mine are quite simple. I then look for a font that I want to use for the journaling. Then I make the title, which is often a font that I usually add a border to.

If I'm working with a template, I usually do it in the same order.