Thread: Garages
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 08:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Garages

This kind of piggybacks on Jill's thread about organizing.
I've been working on our garage for the past 3 weekends (once it got cool enough to be outside) with hubby and our boys helping some.

We moved to this house in Feb, 2020, and moved my mom in with us as well. Both our boys boomeranged back during the summer.
So, our garage has been a catch-all. We've merged our household, plus my mom's, plus each boy has some storage, we even have storage for our daughter who lives in CA!!

We're originally from So Cal where cars can be left in the driveway, even in the winter. Last year, we had to leave the cars in the driveway, and scrape them if it was frosty or snowed.

Hubby just bought a 1964 Buick Riviera, and wants to park it in the garage... hence, him helping with getting things cleared. We're almost at the point where there's enough room to park that one car in the garage. I doubt that we'll get the other cars in there (I should say that we have a 3 car garage. LOL!).

Here are some photos so you can see the transformation!

These are from the beginning of the first day. Yikes! What a mess!

These are from after we finished for today. There is stuff that still needs to go to Goodwill & Habitat for Humanity. That will free up some space. I'm really hoping we'll be done after just one more day!!

Oh, I guess I should share a photo of the car that will be parking in the garage.

So, I'm wondering... do you park your car(s) in your garage? Is your garage tidy, or is it a storage area?