View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 11:30 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default What's Going On This Week?

What's going on with y'all this week?

Regular week here for us. We're going to the library this afternoon so that DD can start her independent study project that's due in May (black panthers -- YAWN!). My mom's been sick so hopefully she's feeling better now that her antibiotics have kicked in. My parents announced we're going on our first family vacation this June to/around Mammoth Cave, KY so we're starting to plan what that's going to look like.

Oh, there is one nonegular thing going on. DH is interviewing with two different companies tomorrow. The job he has now is super stressful & is paying him way too little for what they are expecting from him. After insurance, taxes, and child support, he's barely bringing home half his paycheck but works all sorts of (unpaid) OT & has spent the last two weeks being trained on a new computer system that he's then supposed to teach everyone else at the plant + all the other plants this company owns.

Both jobs he's interviewing with would pay him significantly more + the one at the university has great benefits like helping to pay for our kids' college after DH has worked there 5 years. My dad retired from there in December but he made a call & got DH moved directly from applying to interviewing with the AVP of the department so we are cautiously hopeful & praying for the best.