View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 12:53 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Which room do you spend the most time in?
Because I work from home Monday-Thursday doing childcare/preschool and my desktop is in there.... the playroom. It used to be our formal living room. In 2012 I left teaching at a school and started doing something small from home..... I only need two children to have the same salary as a classroom of 20. When I'm not doing that, I use my desktop to scrap on days off (like today).

Which room do you usually eat in? Kitchen, dining room, elsewhere?
We used to always eat in the kitchen at the table, and occasionally in the living room. But now that our meals are for 2 or 3 usually, not 6.... we have been a bit lazy and we usually eat in the living room and occasionally at the kitchen table.

What are three things you love about your home?
Can my neighborhood be one??? We love our small neighborhood! Before we moved in 15 years ago we already knew 3 neighbors!! It's two and half streets and we used to have block parties.... so much fun!
I love the people that share my home! hehehe That's what makes it a home.
But my house itself, I love my back patio, it's so nice out there in the morning, so peaceful to enjoy a cup of coffee. Actually I love our whole back yard. We have a pretty big yard, I love the pool and our playground area.
I love the new gallery wall I put up in the living room when I repainted last year.
I also love my craft space. I do wish it was bigger, but someday when the children leave I will take over the basement. No hurry for this thought!

Do you have a porch/balcony to sit out on, do you?
Yup, the back patio. We just added it a little over a year ago. We also have a sunroom, I used to use it more, but lately it has become storage. One thing our home sorely lacks!!

What is the messiest room in your home?
Kids rooms?!?!?! LOL Some of my children are a bit messy.... and when all the college kids come home for the summer, the garage and basement become extremely messy and cluttered.

If you could renovate, what is one thing you would do?
Eventually we are going to put a roof on the back patio. I would love to enlarge the sunroom and have it be more of a real room. I would like the whole patio/sunroom to have one roof line and look seamless.
When I retire from childcare, we will redo the downstairs and kitchen.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow