View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 12:41 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I haven't traveled for quite awhile. Last trip was 5 years ago to see my dad in NC. Thankful that I did because he passed away suddenly a month later.

My hope when I retired was to travel more but until the dental issues were figured out, I said no way... got to be able to eat wherever I am! Then COVID hit. But now the dental issues are figured out, I'm able to eat again but holding back a few more months to see what other surprises COVID brings.

I did tell my cousin in July when they were here that I might consider going down to see them in Orlando this winter. Have to wait and see.

I do plan to visit a friend in the Black Hills next summer. She'll be fully recovered from her 2nd knee surgery by then. I plan on driving so I can see some states I've never been to in the process. Might swing down to Missouri to see another cousin on the way home.

Pre-pandemic a cousin that is also single (never married, no kids) had said she would like to do some traveling as well. We wanted to do the Rocky Mountaineer train trip through the Canadian Rockies with a side cruise to Alaska. Now she says she's not going anywhere because of COVID. (She and I are both vaccinated even).

So now I have to find another travel partner because some of these things are just made to be done with others.