View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 12:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sounds like everyone is doing great! I haven't weighed since I don't have a scale but a pair of my older jeans fit so much better so I'm going in the right direction LOL

My NSV (non-scale victory) these past 2 weeks though is that my eye doctor visit went great. A little background info: I have early macular degeneration (have I told you all this? I can't remember!) - it runs in my family at a young age (I've been diagnosed since I was 48 years old, same as my mom). One of the reasons I chose to change my eating habits is to help slow down the progression of the disease (my mom has been pretty much blind since she was about 60, which gives me less than 10 years of good vision left if I follow in her footsteps). Anyway, my eye sight has gotten BETTER for the first time since I started wearing glasses when I was 10 years old!!! And on my in-depth eyeball scans the formation of drusen (causes the macular degeneration) has halted since last year's scans - no change at all! Now for me that is the BEST incentive to continue my healthy habits.... I want to be able to create for years to come, not just 10 more years - I can't bear the thought of not being able to see well enough to scrap, quilt, paint, or even watch TV