View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 03:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
After the insanity of 2020, you'd think I'd learn not to hope for anything, lol, but I can't help it. Hoping is in my nature. That's how I always think of goal setting, as having hope. So anyway, anybody else hopeful about things you'll accomplish or change in the new year?

I kept my goals simple and practical:
1. Keep the house clean. (This is really a challenge with everybody at home ALL.THE.TIME.)
2. Stay up to date on my grading. (I had a trillion papers to grade over holidays which caused me a lot of unnecessary stress.)
3. Spend 30 minutes every day learning Tagalog. (I've lived here for 8 years already, and while I understand it, I am terrible at speaking.)

Ten days in and I'm improving on keeping the house clean. Once we start back to school, I'll focus on the other two.
I have never been able to keep the house clean. LOL! Now that it's all adults in the house, you'd think it would be easier... in some ways it is, but in some ways, it's frustrating because everyone is too busy (or unable) to help! I asked hubby & our boys for a deep clean for my birthday coming up next week. We'll see if they remember. I expect they'd hire someone rather than do it themselves. I figure if it was totally clean, maybe I can keep it up?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Unlike previous years, I have made a lot of goals for 2021. However with that said a lot of them are personal and won't be shared in a public/online setting.

Moving forward in 2021, I would really learn to love who I am, what I am and where I am in life. After being married for so long, being a military wife for so long, a mom for so long, I forgot who I was and am that 2021 will be a journey of finding myself and the joy that I have ignored and overlooked through the years.

I'm going to start doing things for myself, like my health - mental, emotional and spiritual. I'm go to learn and practice boundaries, which is long overdue! I'm going to be a better mother, but also in doing so, letting go and trusting the process. While 2021 might not bring a lot of photos, it's going to bring a lot of personal growth and I'm excited to see in 2022 if I was able to achieve the goals I set out for 2021
I LOVE this!! I think we could all use this as a goal!!