View Single Post
Old 02-28-2024, 02:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post
One thing I forgot to mention - since PNG files cannot store metadata keywords (a failing of the file type itself) I opt to convert all my PNG supplies to TIFF. TIF files can embed metadata keywords (as can JPGs, so I don't have to do anything with those).

Some programs make it look like they've added your keywords to a PNG, but what they're really doing is saving them in either a sidecar XMP file or their own native database. I made the decision long ago that I wanted to be "software agnostic" when it came to my supplies, meaning if Lightroom was ever discontinued, I can easily start using another program because my keywords are all saved within the files themselves.

I use Adobe Bridge to quickly filter down to the PNGs and then run a batch export to TIF. It's an extra step, but it's not a big addition of effort and it's worth it (to me).

Hope this helps!
Hey Angie, I'm really curious about converting PNG to TIF. I stopped tagging because I lost my tags in ACDSee and PSE Organizer. It was so frustrating to have done all that work and because of some glitch, losing my tags.

Any chance you could give a walk-through of how you convert the files?

Thanks!