View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My first car was a 74 Dodge Colt. I didn't have it long and never drove it but I still consider it my first car because it was bought for me. It needed repair and my uncle wanted to work on it and get it running before my 16th birthday. He ended up putting a butt load of money in to it doing all sorts of custom modifications and my grandma told him to keep it because she wasn't paying for all of that. He was thrilled as that was his plan because he wanted to use it for his company car.

It looked like this... color and all....

My husband's first car was a Chevy Sprint (can't remember what year). He had it when we moved in together so it became mine too. It looked like this but was blue. It was small but got amazing gas mileage. Sure, gas was cheaper then but in March of '95 we drove from Kansas to Arizona on $22 in gas!

The first vehicle we bought together was a brand new '95 GMC Sonoma. It looked just like this, only red... bed cover and all. That truck was a huge mistake. It had a short in the wiring harness and we had it in the shop all the time. The after-market AC also was screwy and never worked right. The dealer put it in but they refused to cover it under warranty because it wasn't straight from the manufacture. Hello, idiots, YOU put it in!

Before we got married we sold the truck and traded the Sprint in on a '91 Chevy Lumina for me. I LOVED that car. It was seriously my baby. I had an accident in it when I was 10 weeks pregnant with my daughter (heard her heartbeat that day for the first time! ) and that was the last of that car.

We picked up an old F150 for cheap for DH since he missed having a truck (and we did find times we needed a truck) It looked like this one, minus the bars on the bed and add a bunch of dents, dings and rust!

DH bought a 280 ZX off of a friend. We didn't need a 3rd vehicle but he liked it and wanted it so he got it. LOL I HATED that piece of junk. It had this funky smell in it that never quite went away and I hated that it was so low to the ground. It made me carsick to ride in it. He sold it to my uncle. I was glad to see it go. Stealing the picture because it looked pretty much like this except black with a front fender that had been replaced in blue.

We traded the wrecked Lumina in on a '96, I think, Grand Am. It was a cute car. We had that one when DD was born. It was blue and I loved how it sparkled. We didn't have it too long really... got it when I was pregnant with her and then we hit a deer when she was 5 months old and totaled it.

After we hit the deer we were in a pickle. We still had the truck but we also had a baby in a car seat and an 11 year old that was coming to visit for the summer. We needed room for an extra butt so we traded the truck in on a Chevy Cavalier like this one...

We drove the cavalier until just before Declan was born. We had been discussing a bigger vehicle for a while with a second child on the way. We had also tried to move with that car and you can't carry much at a time in it! We had this crazy 'false c-section' situation... scheduled for a c-section on one day and then it was bumped back 3 full weeks. Long story. Anyway, my daughter, 3 years old at the time, was super upset that she didn't get to meet brothersister (what she called the baby) that day. We went out of town to cheer her up. On a whim we stopped and bought a mini van. It was a 2000 Nissan Quest, forest green.

We drove the Quest longer than any vehicle we'd had before. We got it in October of 2005 and traded it in April of 2011 for a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan.

Anyway, we've shared a vehicle since 2003. Its been great not having to deal with a second but there are times lately I wish we had a second (like today when DH is off with DS doing guy stuff and DD and I are stuck at home)

And there's our car history... LOL I love seeing everyone's. Cars can say so much about a person sometimes.

Last edited by Sherri Tierney; 06-09-2012 at 08:47 PM.