View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 09:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My husband and I read this book together (well separately but together) on his first deployment and then again about a year ago. I realized that my back then my love language had been Quality Time but since the Army is so fond of keeping us apart, even when he's stateside, it's morphed into Words of Affirmation and Acts of Service -- they're pretty much tied. When distance keeps us apart the words start to matter more you know? And when he is here he does more around the house, running errands, etc since I shoulder most of it alone 99% of the time.

His love language is Physical Touch which drives me nuts. I really don't like being touched and it even hurts my skin sometimes. It was hard when my girls were little b/c I was all touched out. Thankfully they're older now and don't hang on me much so it's gotten easier to be touchy feely with my hubs. The littlest things like rubbing his back, holding his hand, hugging him from behind when he's washing dishes - stuff like that, all add up to be a big thing for him.