View Single Post
Old 02-19-2024, 07:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

First, so glad you're here and ready to scrap!

1. Do you always use templates? Yes, I do almost always use a template, but I didn't when I first started, I've been digi scrapping since 2006, so I'm outta ideas! lol!
2. Do you only use elements and papers from one kit? Yes, I will use alphas, maybe stitching or greenery from other kits, but I'm 98% of the time a one kit girl
3. How do you save your layouts for print? I do a couple things, I print into photo books, I've printed almost 60 books. I've learned a couple things, one, I add a .25 inch white border around my layouts when I save my layouts as a jpg. I've also started adjusting the templates I use with some space around the layout as well. It's hard to explain here, without showing you. But it has helped me prevent loosing things in the gutter of the book. I also try not to put text too close to the edge.
4. Favorite printing site? Mixbook is who I use now. I think they have the best quality of any site I've used. I love the 8.5 x 8.5 size. I use to use presto photo books, but they stopped doing hard covers in my 8.5 x 8.5 size. Shutterfly is also nice, I've used it for books for others, I used them early on.
5. Any other beginners tips? Have fun and don't compare yourself to others.

Last edited by nesser1981; 02-20-2024 at 05:07 PM.