View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 08:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Things are starting to get cancelled / shut down in Canada but we're also still in the early stages. So far no reports of anything in our province (though I haven't done my reading since last night to check). Today is the last day of school before March Break, so the kids will all be out of school next week which is a bit of a relief to have them separated from the "pack" without it being "you have to or need to"... my middle son has a weak immune system and brings every cold / flu home so it'll be nice to have him home and out of the mix for a while. I am willing to bet things will get messy in this area after the break because most will still be taking their vacations. Last week income tax came in and I typically always stock/overstock the pantry/freezer at that time anyway to make the next few months easier on the budget so we're all prepped should they decide to shut things down over the next few weeks. My only concern at the moment is what to do all week with the kids home.... there are always free events during March Break that we try to go to.... swimming/bowling/skating but I'm still undecided if we'll go..... on one hand it seems risky, on the other hand I feel that it might be the perfect time to go because most will be staying home and I am thinking things will be slow and quiet. I dunno.... I guess I'm worried, but not worried at the same time and just keeping an eye on things at this point in time to stay informed.