View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 09:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm in Maine as well and we now have 3 confirmed cases as of yesterday. They're all in the southern part of the state, but I'm sure it will hit my area before long, especially since we have an international airport and it's the 3rd largest city in the state. The civic center here has closed down - no concerts, events, etc. No event more than 100 people anywhere else. My daughter arrived home lock, stock, and barrel yesterday from the university campus in the southern part of the state and will be home the rest of the semester, as the UMaine system has gone online only for the rest of the semester.

I work in an assisted living/Alzheimer care facility, so as you can imagine, we are taking extreme precautions. No travel out of the state for employees (if they do travel, they're on a 2-week leave once they return to make sure they don't develop symptoms). No visitors to the facility from out of state. We've canceled all outings and nonessential in house services until further notice. Due to where I work, I'm erring on the side of caution and just being careful of where I go and making sure I wipe, spray, and wash. I do, however, have to travel to our location in the southern part of the state to train a new administrator this coming week. I'll basically be at the facility and the hotel and not anywhere else. I'm not worried if I end up getting COVID-19, but my sister is very immunosuppressed, my parents are in their 80s, and my boyfriend's mother is 96; I would feel horrible if any of them contracted it from me.