View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 09:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

Things are changing so quickly, it's hard to keep up! We were notified last week that we would have a teacher day Monday to prepare plans for distance teaching. Fast forward to today... now that is cancelled, and basically all schools in southern Maine are closed for the next 2 weeks. Hoping that I can get into school on Monday to put stuff together. Very stressful for teachers and parents alike. I feel for everyone who suddenly has to find childcare.
My youngest is a freshman at a school in Boston. He's been home on break this week, and got the word that break is extended until Wednesday, and then online learning starts Thursday. We were able to go to Boston today and clean out his dorm.
My oldest son is doing a music therapy internship just outside of Boston. He does a lot of work with nursing homes and schools, and now most of his sessions are cancelled. He's super stressed trying to figure out how all of this is going to affect his internship.

I just wish people weren't going nuts and hoarding everything in site... it's just creating panic and hysteria. Ugh.