View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 05:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

TOTALLY feel you with the 'distance learning' thing. I have 2- thankfully my 12yr old (6th grade) is super type A so she gets all her stuff done with very minimal effort on my part- which is good because her brother is something completely opposite. He needs help 99% of the time, and if it's not to find the right assignment or to answer his questions, it's to keep him on task & not fiddle-farting around. It is IMPOSSIBLE to accomplish anything else- forget chores & scrapping... :/

Oh yeah- we got a puppy the middle of march. lmao. I ~thought~ it would be a great time to get/train a puppy- and I guess it has, considering we've been home more than ever before- but she's a handful. She's like having a terrible 2 year old that requires constant supervision right now!

AND- our governor closed down dental offices (I'm a hygienist 2 days/week) since the middle of March & we're 'supposed' to go back next week. My office has basically had minimal communication on what changes we are going to make. We have a staff meeting tomorrow to go over our 'plan' but in the meantime I've been reading as many studies as I can and going in with my "have to" and "willing to concede" list. I'm not going to say I'm scared to go back to work- since I'm educated on viruses and how to protect myself, but I'm just not sure my office is going to take the steps necessary to ensure that. This virus spreads through the air & in the dental industry everything we do fills the air with microscopic blood/spit/bacteria/virus droplets. All the aerosols we produce during a "cleaning" or even a filling are in the air for hours. Imagine breathing the aerosols from the last 1, 2 or even 3 hours worth of patients = exponential spread! No matter how much screening we do- the asymptomatic patients are still going to spread their germs. No matter how much PPE we wear - if it's in the air- it's in the entire office (some are able to install negative pressure air filtration- but most offices can't or wont.) All the advisory boards (CDC, ADA, OSHA) recommend not seeing any preventative patients at this time. But then there are so many conflicting guidelines between federal/state & it's so hard to sift through it all to know what is the best practices. I highly encourage people to STAY AWAY from the dental office unless it is a true emergency until this pandemic is over. �� AND on top of all this stress/keeping me up at night info- I've started to seriously contemplate getting out of clinical dental hygiene. What else I could do, I'm not sure yet. We need my income to pay our mortgage, so it's not like I can just quit. So conflicted. :/

OH MY GOSH- that got really long. Wow. Okay who knew I needed to vent!? Thank you for the safe space! lol