View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 06:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitartas View Post
Thanks Wendy for your words of support and prayers. I’m freaking out but already as proud as I could ever be, he has wanted this since he was 8 - this is literally his dream come true. They get their phones on weekends from week 4 onwards (with good behavior of course) but knowing the way he is he will be focused on what he is doing and won’t be too worried about calling us. his girlfriend is busting to ask someone whether we can send packages

He’s the one in my gallery that I just scrapped his 13th birthday (I’m a bit behind lol)
when my husband did basic training, he wasn't allowed packages but letters. They also hold them for good behavior and for extra work. We wrote to him all the time while he was in Basic, but he never once wrote back. He did call the first few days with his address, but then we never heard back from him until a week before he graduated to tell us the date of graduation. It was a stressful time of not talking to him, but honestly looking back, it compared to nothing like when he was deployed! You know he's safe there, doing what he's always dreamed of doing!