Thread: OLW
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 10:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leontine78 View Post
The idea of OLW really is beautiful but I haven't done it doe years. I am doubting between focus and recover as I am in a burn-out phase at the moment. I have to put myself first this year
Focus & recover sound like they'd be perfect for you in this phase. Take care of yourself!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
My first year of choosing OLW was 2010. I have done so every year since then and it is one of the best parts of the new year!

I usually create a page that also serves as my cover photo on Facebook. I try to have something each year with my word on it as well. One year it was a mousepad that I had made, another it was a piece of home decor, etc. Having something physical to look at helps keep it in the forefront of my mind.

This year I really want a bracelet with my word on it. I am just deciding which one I want from Etsy. I am going to take things a little farther with my word this year and start a journal where I keep notes on how I am doing, etc.

My word for this year is FEARLESS. I realized last summer that I let fear hold me back a lot. My word last year was transform and while I did see some transformation it was not to the extent that I wanted. I realized it was fear keeping me from doing what I really wanted to do so I decided this year to really focus on being fearless... or at the very least fearing less!
Oh, great word, Sherri!! That really resonates with me. I like how you keep it at the forefront so that you give focus to it!

[QUOTE=But I think with that said, I'm sticking to Genuine for this year--but only because it's the scrappy thing to do, have a OLW. Otherwise I wouldn't do anything like this at all because it sounds too much like resolutions/goals! [/QUOTE]

I forgot to comment on your word, Wendy
Haha! I get "it's the scrappy thing to do" part. I had never heard of it until I started digiscrapping.