View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 12:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have an old toaster oven. We can't even remember how old is it, I'm guessing it's at least 10 yrs old or more. It works but the door doesn't close tight so I don't use it for much except heat up a bit of leftover pizza for hubs.

So I started thinking about replacing it and told hubs about it on Friday, that it would be nice to get a toaster oven/air fryer/convection oven combo. We have an AF pod that we love, so I thought we'd get more use out of a toaster oven that also air fried. It gave him something to do on Saturday morning, he searched online for reviews, sizing (b/c our kitchen is small and it has to fit into the space where the old toaster oven sits) and pricing. When he narrowed it down, I checked the ones he found and decided on the Cuisinart. We had to drive to 3 stores to get it, it was sold out at the stores it was on sale at but we managed to find one with a beat-up box at one store. They gave us a 3 yr warranty exchange for no extra charge and a good sale price. Yay. We air fried chicken nuggets last night and they were good. They crisped up nicely with soft insides. Yum.

So I'll be using it a lot instead of the oven. Next I want a new hand mixer. I have a kitchenaid mixer and an immersion blender that detaches for a small mixer attachment but its very lightweight so no thicker mixing with that and I don't always want to pull out the big kitchenaid so I'll look around for a new mixer. They are always on sale so I'm sure I'll find a good one in the next few wks as I watch the flyers.