View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 08:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What are your plans for New Years Eve? Going out or staying in? Do you celebrate in any way?

The tradition is to make crab legs (sometimes with shrimp alfredo, sometimes with jambalaya) and ring in the new year playing board games and watching movies. We don silly hats and glasses and make noise at the stroke of midnight. This year our oldest (high school senior) wanted to go to her best friend's house for a NYE party. As we had hosted that same friend a few times, we decided to let her go (as sad as it made me not to have everyone together for NYE). My youngest invited his best friend over and instead of making crab legs we ordered pizza and then went bowling. We came home, donned the silly hats and glasses and took the traditional photos. I missed the food tradition (though I don't eat crab) but we made jambalaya today so its all good. The daughter's boyfriend came to visit and went to the party with her last night. He spent the night at our house after and is staying tonight as well.

On the 1st, do you start the new year off with any special activities or traditions?

Not really. I'd like more tradition in this area but we never really have done much.