View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Orders to Europe is about the only way we'd "voluntarily" leave Denver (we just got orders here last summer....and we were SO glad to leave Texas)...it's been on the top of my husband's Dream Sheet for his entire 17-year career (I got us both orders to Hawaii, so I figured I did my bit), but the likelihood that he'll get orders there is incredibly slim. And we're Air Force and on 4-year orders....and my hubs isn't Ops, so we're likely to ride out the rest of his career here (promotion, and thus new orders, is unlikely at this point).

If you're going to hold onto your house in CSprings, I'd recommend finding yourself a good property manager - we're still renting out our house in Hawaii (going on 5 years now). Renting out your home is incredibly stressful (since few people will treat your stuff as well as you do/did) in my opinion, but it's a really nice tax break each year, and someone else is paying down the mortgage.....and paying for my eventual dream house/property and my kids' college education since we're not planning on going back to that house. And if you haven't already, make sure you know and have contact information for your neighbors....they'll keep you up to date on those things your property manager might miss.