View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 10:56 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I tend to buy themed kits rather than mood kits, so I make myself think of at least two pages that I would use it on before I buy it. I also ask myself a) if it's filling a genuine hole in my collection that's preventing me from properly scrapping certain stories and b) do I have something similar enough to make it work? I've been trying to cut down on my shopping across the board, so I'm trying only to buy things that I know I'll use. I have one particular kit that I've used bits and pieces of well over 25 times; that's been my best value so far.

I do give myself a couple of exceptions. I can buy a very specific themed kit if a page has been sitting on my to-scrap list for over a year because I don't have any kits that will work for it (still holding out for a Phantom of the Opera theater type kit and a dark colored Christmas lights kit). On the other hand, I'll also almost automatically buy any Star Wars and HP kits because I scrap a ton of those pages, so by the time new ones are released in the shop I've already gotten bored of the ones I have.