Thread: Easter Baskets
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 11:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetChar View Post
I was in Walmart yesterday and picked up some “fake eggs” to dye. I can’t see dyeing real eggs right now. When we do, they sit out as decoration for a week or so. This is the kind I got at Walmart (even though it’s an Amazon link) D.I.Y. EASTER EGGS 12 COUNT https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y5Q5LZG..._O54EEb9BW1JK3

They also had some at Walmart that you use chalk to decorate.
We bought some of those one year. The kind you can dye and the chalk kind. I wasn't impressed with the chalk kind. I know we didn't end up dying the others either. I should pull them out this year. Maybe they will have more fun with them now that they are older.

We will actually be dying eggs this year. It hasn't happened since we moved into this house 4 years ago, but we are going to this year because we actually have TIME! We don't really need to color eggs because our chickens do such a great job of it, but I've always wondered how some of these will look colored, so I am anxious to find out. Here's a shot of some after I rinsed them off the other day, we've had so much rain we end up with muddy eggs.

On a side note (people are touchy these days so I feel the need to clarify a lot of things - probably not necessary here, but... ) we have been sharing several dozen eggs a week with others who can't get eggs right now. We have only kept what our family will use (and we haven't been using as many as we used to). We have given away 14 dozen eggs in the past week (and 2 dozen duck eggs).