Thread: RQOTD....
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 11:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I did once and it has stuck in my head for all these yrs later. I have never done it again. Many years ago, I brought my mom and her friend across the border to Bellingham for lunch and shopping. We stopped at the restaurant first and when we finished lunch and went to the car I realized the keys were in the ignition and the car was locked. I think my mom pushed all the lock buttons down and somehow I didn't realize that I didn't have the keys in my hand and didn't click the lock function. My mom was old school so she liked to manually lock doors. So I got the restaurant to call a tow company b/c we were across the border from Canada into the US, about an 1.5 hrs from home, so I didn't want to call my husband or anyone from home and everyone was working anyway. So we had to wait about 4 hrs in the stiffling heat, sitting on the parking curbs in the parking lot. Now that I think back, I wonder why we didn't just stay in the restaurant....I've got no idea LOL. I guess we thought it wouldn't be too long a wait....but it was. I had to pay cash which really cut into my shopping money as way back then my Canadian bank card didn't work and I didn't bring a credit card with me.

So we carried on and managed to have a bit of fun before the long drive home but I've never forgotten the experience and have never done it again. I like the car I have now, it won't lock if the keys are in the ignition. I've tried with my spare keys and it clicks but doesn't lock. I like that feature.