View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 07:31 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I do scrap them, but I will write in a sort of "code" so it doesn't embarrass or hurt anyone's feelings. I also try to see the humor in things, so I will tell it in a funny way or poke fun at my own frustrations. I print them, because I want an authentic record, not just rainbows and unicorns. We had a rough spring here last year with my son, and it seemed to follow a pattern of rough springs. Being able to look back and see the pattern in the scrapbook helps me mentally prepare for this year, lol, and also change the way we do some things. If I need to really vent, I'll write in a private journal. Really hard stuff that involves me, like losing my mom--that stuff I am slowly scrapping when I need to. It is therapeutic, because it feels like including her in something that is important to me now (scrapbooking). She can be IN my photobooks! I do not scrap the rough times I have with my dad and stepmom, though, because they sometimes look through my books. But I know myself and my writing well enough to catch all my tongue-in-cheek moments in my journaling.

I guess you could make the pages and enjoy the therapy, and you don't have to print anything if you don't want to. Or print them later, when circumstances have changed.