View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 09:25 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

What in your life do you celebrate?
The same holidays and celebrations as everyone else. Birthdays, New Years, sometimes July 4th, Thanksgiving, and Hanukkah. We live far-ish from family (7 hour drive), so every time we go to my hometown it turns into a celebration, with my parents, siblings, and their families (all of whom live closer to each other) coming to be with us.

Do you have a celebration that stands out in your memory?
Not really. We tend to celebrate each holiday the same way most years.

Celebrating means cake to me, does it to you? Favorite?
Nope! We have a tradition that the person being celebrated chooses the treat, and they hardly ever choose cake. We've had ice cream trifles, make your own sundae bars, no bake peanut butter bars, candy bars (Hersheys, Reeses, etc), cinnamon rolls, brownies, and other things along those lines.

What was the last event you celebrated (other than Xmas/New Years)?
We had a family birthday in December and another in January.

Family celebrations - tell me about one.
Since we don't celebrate Christmas, our family has always used Thanksgiving as our big family gathering. Since my childhood I can only remember 4 different hosts, each of whom did it for a long time before passing it to the next generation. The last few years my sister has hosted. Fourteen of us (my parents, my siblings and their families, and my family) stay at my sister's from Wednesday to Saturday, letting the cousins play and just hanging out together. Other relatives come for the day on Thursday, and we all do the traditional big meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
Today actually. Its my 45th birthday
Happy birthday!